Creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Dojo
Dojo’s 150,000+ customers reflect the diversity of the UK High Street. Building teams with diverse backgrounds that are representative of the customer base which we serve is fundamental to creating innovative products at Dojo. Whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, you have a place at Dojo.
We want everyone to be the best they can be throughout the recruitment process; if you require any additional adjustments please let us know.
Platform Engineering's mission in Dojo is to make it fast and easy to build and support products that are secure and reliable.
We build the products, tools and services that make the creation of inspired products at Dojo effortless, and help the company to scale as an organisation as well as a business.
As a key member of the Builds & Processes Squad, you will play a crucial role in empowering Internal Customers by ensuring the efficient operation of fast, reliable, and secure build & deployment pipelines that support various programming languages.
Your responsibilities will include setting up guardrails to facilitate the expeditious progress of project teams, manage infrastructure to support the organization's ongoing projects. The team frequently acts as a driving force behind infrastructure modernization initiatives.
The squad is scaling and we're looking for engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to shape the future of their products.
What you will do...
- Work as part of a Platform Engineering squad to deliver exciting features for our customers
- Put yourself in your customers shoes, prioritising impact and their overall Developer Experience
- Build on developer experience tooling and helping out product teams to be more efficient
- Work on build & deployment pipelines supporting multiple programming languages
- Make infrastructure management more efficient via applying Infrastructure as Code
- Contribute to the more in-depth architectural decisions
What you will bring...
- Good understanding of cloud native service development, we use Go but we're open to any programming language
- In depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure management, preferably on GCP
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with GitOps continuous delivery, preferably via ArgoCD
- Willingness to share knowledge and coach others
- Product centric thinking and an appetite to work in a customer centric environment
We launched Dojo in 2019 to address business owners’ pain points across the UK. Since then, we’ve seen incredible growth as a scaling fintech, welcoming over 150,000 customers and growing the Dojo team to 1,000+ people across five locations. In that time, we’ve also introduced Dojo Virtual Queues & Bookings and the Dojo restaurant finder app, formerly known as WalkUp and loved by 1,000 restaurants and 750,000 diners.
Today, we work towards our mission to empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy by creating the tools and technology that turn transactions into meaningful relationships. For our business customers, that means fast funding, the fastest payments, smart integrations, and efficient virtual queues & bookings - all with instant insight across the board. For diners, that means getting seated at their favourite restaurants with just a couple of taps on the Dojo app. Whether it’s for busy business owners or hungry diners, every Dojo product is built to address real customer pain points by our dedicated teams in London, Bristol, Hull and Belfast.
At Dojo, we’re curious . We have an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. And we’re relentless . We persevere even when it’s easier not to. But, we’re nothing without our customers, who drive everything we do. From day one, Dojo was built on real customer pain points and every one of us is customer-obsessed.
Our way of working
Dojo has adopted a set of shared principles with the aim of increasing in-person collaboration and amplifying our ‘Customer First’ values. We encourage our employees to meet in-person over virtual meetings, and our communication is mostly asynchronous. Unlike most other businesses, we are intentionally avoiding a rules-based approach, and each team is empowered to make the arrangements that work best for their success. The answer to every scenario which tests these principles is: We trust you to use your judgement responsibly, in the best interest of our customers.