Since launching Dojo in 2019 to address business owners’ pain points across the UK, we’ve seen incredible growth as a scaling fintech, welcoming over 60,000 new customers and growing the Dojo team to 900+ people across five locations. In that time, we’ve also introduced Dojo Virtual Queues & Bookings and the Dojo restaurant finder app, formerly known as WalkUp and loved by 600 restaurants and 600,000 diners across the UK. Find out more about the journey we’ve been on here .
Today, we work towards our mission to empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy by creating the tools and technology that turn transactions into meaningful relationships. For our business customers, that means fast funding, the fastest payments, smart integrations, and efficient virtual queues & bookings - all with instant insight across the board. For over 600,000 diners across the UK, that means getting seated at their favourite restaurants in just a couple of taps on the Dojo app. Whether it’s for busy business owners or hungry diners, every Dojo product is built to address real customer pain points by our dedicated teams in London, Bristol, Hull and Belfast.
This role is part of the Strategic Finance team which is a high performing, specialised group working directly with the Exec team and Founders. As we enter into our next phase of rapid growth and prepare for imminent international and product expansion, it is more crucial than ever for us to ensure we invest efficiently in innovation, manage our capital base effectively and tell a compelling story to our stakeholders through our Investor Relations arm.
This is a perfect role for someone who has an entrepreneurial streak and wants to own their own path to success. The job is a blend between traditional business partnering, investor relations and strategic finance. You’ll be working directly with our executive team and department heads to help build bespoke business cases for product-led innovations. You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility, with the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the direction of the company’s investment strategy.
What you will do
- Rapidly build a solid understanding of our business, industry, and our products through data analysis and modelling.
- Drive our major product & tech initiatives by partnering with Heads of Product to understand the underlying costs and returns on investment on our planned products and innovations.
- Own inputs to financial planning & forecasting cycles: business partnering to build robust forecasts/models with business areas and working closely with the FP&A team to design, maintain & evolve financial models.
- Drive the in-flight commercial performance of the business through commercial insights on our product roadmap. Assess risks/issues and propose actionable solutions.
- Partner with all Finance areas to make sure you have a rounded understanding of the financial impacts across the business.
- Influence and improve decision making - the insights and analysis should drive impact across the business.
What you will bring
- You are naturally curious about what makes a business tick and have a high degree of business acumen.
- Demonstrable experience in forecasting, business partnering, financial modelling & analysis.
- You can work with minimal direction and are comfortable in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in partnering with stakeholders including department leads and becoming their trusted advisors.
- Prioritise across multiple tasks/projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Hands-on and enjoy supporting colleagues, projects or tasks both big or small.
- Excel modelling skills are required; SQL skills are a plus. It is essential though that you can use data to cut through complexity and communicate insights in a clear and simple manner.
At Dojo, we’re curious . We have an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. And we’re relentless . We persevere even when it’s easier not to. But, we’re nothing without our customers, who drive everything we do. From day one, Dojo was built on real customer pain points and every one of us is customer-obsessed .
Creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Dojo
Dojo’s 60,000+ customers reflect the diversity of the UK High Street. Building diverse teams that are representative of that to develop and deliver our business strategy is fundamental to continuing to create innovative products at Dojo. As a result, together, we achieve better outcomes for our customers and for Dojo.
Regardless of age, disability, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, culture, educational background, parental status, neurodiversity or disability - whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, we want to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at Dojo, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people across levels, teams, and experiences throughout the interview process.
Find out more about our benefits and what it’s like to work at Dojo at https://www.dojo.careers .