Since launching Dojo in 2019 to address business owners’ pain points across the UK, we’ve seen incredible growth as a scaling fintech, welcoming over 60,000 new customers and growing the Dojo team to 900+ people across five locations. In that time, we’ve also introduced Dojo Virtual Queues & Bookings and the Dojo restaurant finder app, formerly known as WalkUp and loved by 600 restaurants and 600,000 diners across the UK. Find out more about the journey we’ve been on here .
Today, we work towards our mission to empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy by creating the tools and technology that turn transactions into meaningful relationships. For our business customers, that means fast funding, the fastest payments, smart integrations, and efficient virtual queues & bookings - all with instant insight across the board. For over 600,000 diners across the UK, that means getting seated at their favourite restaurants in just a couple of taps on the Dojo app. Whether it’s for busy business owners or hungry diners, every Dojo product is built to address real customer pain points by our dedicated teams in London, Bristol, Hull and Belfast.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will be utilising your technical ability and passion for quality to advocate and implement a quality focused mindset within our Payments production units. This comes with a high amount of autonomy to drive new work flows, implement new technologies and assist Developers across the business to have a quality focussed mindset. We work fast and push a lot of code to production, you’ll be playing a pivotal role in ensuring that what we release is robust & resilient.
What you will do…
- Advocate a quality mindset within our software engineering functions, encouraging group responsibility for ensuring the quality of the code that we release.
- Create frameworks to identify problems quickly, and robust remediation strategies to ensure they don’t reoccur.
- Engage in scoping exercises to make sure that quality is embedded in projects even before they start.
- Use the autonomy you’re given to be forward thinking, researching and implementing best practices as the testing landscape continues to evolve.
- Promote quality across the business, working cross function to ensure alignment across not just software engineering, but also Product, Security, SRE and more.
What you will bring...
- Experience in working with and testing Microservices.
- Demonstrable a high level of competence within coding, ideally with exposure to some of the following: Golang, C# .Net Core, Typescript with, GCP, Kubernetes, Helm, protractor.Core.
- History implementing reliable test automation (unit/integration/performance) into CI/CD
- Experience at all levels within the testing pyramid.
- Effective communicator with an ability to influence.
- Proven experience implementing quality as a mindset within a fast moving organisation.
At Dojo, we’re curious . We have an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. And we’re relentless . We persevere even when it’s easier not to. But, we’re nothing without our customers, who drive everything we do. From day one, Dojo was built on real customer pain points and every one of us is customer-obsessed .
Creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Dojo
Dojo’s 60,000+ customers reflect the diversity of the UK High Street. Building diverse teams that are representative of that to develop and deliver our business strategy is fundamental to continuing to create innovative products at Dojo. As a result, together, we achieve better outcomes for our customers and for Dojo.
Regardless of age, disability, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, culture, educational background, parental status, neurodiversity or disability - whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, we want to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at Dojo, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people across levels, teams, and experiences throughout the interview process.
Find out more about our benefits and what it’s like to work at Dojo at https://www.dojo.careers .