Creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive Dojo
Dojo’s 150,000+ customers reflect the diversity of the UK High Street. Building teams with diverse backgrounds that are representative of the customer base which we serve is fundamental to creating innovative products at Dojo. Whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, you have a place at Dojo.
We want everyone to be the best they can be throughout the recruitment process; if you require any additional adjustments please let us know.
What you will do…
- Work across tribes and squads to champion best practices / ways-of-working in the frontend web codebase
- Be an authority in decision making processes and technical choices within the platform
- Be hands on with bringing change, leading by example in your deliverables and communications
- Contributing to your cross-functional squads (App Experience) product discovery and execution when needed
- Working with designers to improve the web component library
- Improve observability and reliability of the frontend codebase
- A framework agnostic mindset to web development, allowing for the role to develop across all our frontend products in time (currently we use Angular and React)
What you will bring...
- This role is Frontend as opposed to Full Stack, but will require a sound understanding of working with GraphQL
- React / NextJS
- Expert in advanced TypeScript development practices
- GraphQL - Experience working with GraphQL and APIs/Backend for Frontend required, Schema design, resolver logic, client-server data interactions
- Knowledge of industry best practices and experience implementing
- Design System knowledge, developing and documenting a reusable component library, working collaboratively with design, currently underway with React
- Proficient in scalable, modular web architectures - needed due to the complexity of contributor network internally
We launched Dojo in 2019 to address business owners’ pain points across the UK. Since then, we’ve seen incredible growth as a scaling fintech, welcoming over 150,000 customers and growing the Dojo team to 1,000+ people across five locations. In that time, we’ve also introduced Dojo Virtual Queues & Bookings and the Dojo restaurant finder app, formerly known as WalkUp and loved by 1,000 restaurants and 750,000 diners.
Today, we work towards our mission to empower businesses to thrive in the Experience Economy by creating the tools and technology that turn transactions into meaningful relationships. For our business customers, that means fast funding, the fastest payments, smart integrations, and efficient virtual queues & bookings - all with instant insight across the board. For diners, that means getting seated at their favourite restaurants with just a couple of taps on the Dojo app. Whether it’s for busy business owners or hungry diners, every Dojo product is built to address real customer pain points by our dedicated teams in London, Bristol, Hull and Belfast.
At Dojo, we’re curious . We have an insatiable desire to learn and innovate. And we’re relentless . We persevere even when it’s easier not to. But, we’re nothing without our customers, who drive everything we do. From day one, Dojo was built on real customer pain points and every one of us is customer-obsessed.
Our way of working
Dojo has adopted a set of shared principles with the aim of increasing in-person collaboration and amplifying our ‘Customer First’ values. We encourage our employees to meet in-person over virtual meetings, and our communication is mostly asynchronous. Unlike most other businesses, we are intentionally avoiding a rules-based approach, and each team is empowered to make the arrangements that work best for their success. The answer to every scenario which tests these principles is: We trust you to use your judgement responsibly, in the best interest of our customers.